With over 50 years of comprehensive auto body experience, I-CAR certification and training, and excellent ratings on Yelp, Gene Townsend Auto Body and Paint is San Diego County's best choice for automotive paint services. We have a tremendous amount of industry knowledge and excel at every step of auto body painting, including substrate preparation, rust correction, color matching, masking, priming, sanding, spraying, drying, curing, polishing, and finishing. Performed by our team of dedicated and highly skilled technicians, our car paint services take advantage of the industry's best practices, from using computerized color matching to low-pressure spray guns for even applications, flawless finishes, and lasting results. Additionally, we go above and beyond to ensure complete client satisfaction and offer our painting services at highly competitive rates.
At Gene Townsend Auto Body and Paint, we welcome all kinds of automotive painting jobs. That's because we have the staffing, tools, and resources necessary to accommodate a wide range of requests, including paint touch-ups, scratch and collision repairs that involve painting, custom paint jobs, restoration, and show-ready refinishing. For the best results, we use state-of-the-art equipment and strictly follow factory recommendations. We also exclusively use top-quality car paints from Spies Hecker, an internationally renowned leader in the automotive coatings industry. Spies Hecker paints are backed by an impressive transferrable lifetime warranty. All painting is done in state- and county-registered spray booths to achieve a higher-quality finish, and our solvents are recycled on site for the safety of our workers and the environment.
Whether you want to select your own color of paint for a custom job; have us determine the paint you need through computerized color matching; or want to obtain paints to match those used by your car's original manufacturer, call Gene Townsend Auto Body and Paint today. With thousands of satisfied San Diego and East County clients, we've cultivated a strong, wide-spread reputation for consistently delivering impeccable, factory-grade finishes on each and every car that enters our auto paint shop. We work with all major insurance companies and offer rental assistance, free shuttles, pick-up and delivery service, and car washes.
Tips for Preserving Your Car's Paint and Finish
- For the first ninety days following a new paint application, hand wash your car with mild detergent. If you must use a car wash, go to one that doesn't use brushes. During this period, make sure to avoid waxing your car as well.
- When washing your car, try to keep it out of the sun. This will prevent the water droplets from magnifying the sun's harsh UV rays.
- Prolonged exposure to bird droppings, gasoline, antifreeze, and acid-based stains can damage your car's finish. Make sure they are removed promptly and carefully.
- Avoid using a dry cloth on your finish to wipe away debris, such as dirt and dust. Doing so can scratch the finish.
- If you need to remove ice or snow from your car, use your hands to move off large chunks. Then warm your car and let the ice and snow melt off your car gradually. If there is salt, make sure you rinse it off thoroughly.
- Plastic / dash repair
- Stereo replacement or repair
- Upholstery repair
- Exhaust replacement or repair
- Tire and wheel replacement
- Glass & windshield replacement
- Mechanical repairs
Please fill your name!
Please fill your correct email id!
Please fill a valid phone no!
Please fill the correct captcha!
Thanks for your quick and friendly service. You went above and beyond, cleaning the inside of our car.