Whether you were in a minor fender bender or a major accident, the auto body repair shop that you choose to perform your collision repair is extremely important. For the best results, you'll want to choose a San Diego auto body repair shop that is trained, certified, and experienced, as well as uncompromising when it comes to safety and quality. At licensed, bonded, and insured Gene Townsend, we have more than 55 years of experience and have worked on thousands of cars. We are also an I-CAR certified repair facility that continuously invests in ongoing training through I-CAR as well as from the manufacturers we work with. As such, we are committed to performing comprehensive, safe collision repairs of the highest quality for each and every customer who walks in the door.
Gene Townsend's 12-Step Collision Repair Process
- After you call your insurance company, give us a call and bring your car in. We can help with towing referrals and provide free pick-up and drop-off in our shuttle van.
- Our underwriter will survey the damage and submit a preliminary report of the repairs that are needed. We provide an upfront estimate to you and the insurance company.
- If you decide to have us perform the collision repairs* and your insurance company authorizes the recommended work, we'll arrange for a rental car (if needed), submit all paperwork, and order the required parts.
- We tear down the vehicle and re-inspect it again to make sure nothing was missed in the initial estimate. If required, we use a laser-based electronic frame measuring system for complete accuracy.
- We begin repairs. This can include replacing, fabricating or straightening damaged parts, welding, re-alignment, glass replacement, upholstery, and more.
- The vehicle is then prepped, masked, sanded, primed, painted, polished, and finished in our commercial-grade spray booth.
- Once dried and cured, we finish assembling the vehicle.
- The vehicle is then inspected by the owner or his son. They ensure that all work meets their high standards. They will also check its performance on the road.
- If alignment is needed, we'll perform an alignment measurement test and provide a report.
- The vehicle is then washed and given a light detailing inside and out.
- The estimator processes the paperwork and has the front desk call the customer to let them know that their car is ready. We can arrange our courtesy shuttle if you need transportation.
- The estimator goes over the vehicle with the client, explains what work was performed, and reviews all guarantees. Once the car is delivered, we submit final billing paperwork to the insurance company.
* According to California's Insurance Code, consumers have the right to choose any auto body repair shop to perform their collision repairs.
- Plastic / dash repair
- Stereo replacement or repair
- Upholstery repair
- Exhaust replacement or repair
- Tire and wheel replacement
- Glass & windshield replacement
- Mechanical repairs
Please fill your name!
Please fill your correct email id!
Please fill a valid phone no!
Please fill the correct captcha!
My car turned out better than I expected. You really make a customer feel nice. You all are great and I will recommend you.... Thanks again.